Today’s book news roundup.
* i endorse this use of ‘chick lit’. maybe. heh. over at elle magazine (!!), they have a pretty great bookish feature: chick lit vs. lit chicks. elle asked 12 awesome female writers to recommend their favourite books authored by women.
* donna tartt was awarded the pulitzer prize for fiction, for her novel the goldfinch.
* as today (!!) sees the 75th anniversary of The Grapes of Wrath, many tributes to the novel and its author have been appearing. i thought this was an excellent essay in the globe and mail.
* from the guardian, and still with steinbeck for a moment: When Steinbeck was stumped for a title for his novel, his wife saved the day. Literary history is full of marital interventions.
* hmmm, seems the ‘authors guild’ has filed an appeal in its copyright infringement lawsuit against google.
View original post 265 more words